Архитектура Аудит Военная наука Иностранные языки Медицина Металлургия Метрология
Образование Политология Производство Психология Стандартизация Технологии
Agree or disagree with the statements using the following
phrases: indeed, of course, certainly, that goes without saying.
1. A professional engineer doesn’t need to have a university
2. Engineer has to be educated in his professional field and the
3. Cooperation with management and government representatives
is not necessary.
4. Nowadays the environmental problems related to the engineering
projects don’t bother people at all.
5. Fish has come to the Nile Delta due to nutrients.
2. Discuss the information about:
· практичне застосування теоретичних знань
· емпіричне знання
· найдавніший посібник з будівництва
· визначення цивільного будівництва
· які споруди входять до складу поняття цивільне будівництво
· підрозділи цивільного будівництва
· конкурентноздатність сучасного інженера у галузі будівництва
3. Make an overview of the issues :
· Modern engineers still confront many problems which were well known to their ancient colleagues.
· The most appropriate definition of civil engineering.
· The challenge of the civil engineering is that all the structures and systems are different.
· In their work engineers must meet two major requirements.
· Civil engineering systems must checked on hidden or delayed hazards.
· Undesirable effects of the Aswan Dam, one of the engineering wonders of modern times.
· A modern engineer must have a comprehensive university education.
· Mathematics is very important and ranks high in the engineering curriculum.
· A certified civil engineer has a variety of choices because people who have technical training are in demand.
4. In pairs ask and answer questions about:
· Obligatory subjects in the engineering curriculum
· The importance of mathematics in all branches of engineering
· Computer programming as included in engineering curricula
· The requirements on social sciences and language arts
· Fields of specialisation for the future civil engineers
· The demand for civil engineers in today’s world
· Areas in which a civil engineer can work
· Research as a very important aspect of scientific and engineering practice
· The role of civil engineers in design
· Different engineers are involved in large projects
1. Work as an interpreter in the following dialogue:
UNIT TWO CIVIL ENGINEERING AS CAREE
R E A D I N G
1. Study key terms and their definitions before reading Text A:
2. Match these terms with their definitions:
3. Answer the questions using the key terms and their definitions:
1. What is construction engineering?
2. How is the subfield of civil engineering concerned with the structural design and analysis of large structures defined?
3. Give the definition of geotechnical engineering.
4. What is water resources engineering?
5. What branch of civil engineering involves planning and execution of the designs from different types of civil engineers?
6. What is environmental engineering?
7. What is engineering?
1. Read and give Ukrainian equivalents:
career, tunnel, municipal, chemical, hydraulic, geotechnical, ecology, biology, dynamics, statistics, asphalt, channel, meteorology, storm, distribution system, aluminum, steel.
2. Give English equivalents:
Дисципліна, мати тенденцію, будівельний код, тунель, канал, запропонована дія, дренажні засобі, операції з логістики, природний ресурс.
R ead, translate and be ready to do tasks after the text:
Последнее изменение этой страницы: 2019-04-01; Просмотров: 8; Нарушение авторского права страницы