Архитектура Аудит Военная наука Иностранные языки Медицина Металлургия Метрология
Образование Политология Производство Психология Стандартизация Технологии
Next-Level Fun: The New iPod touch
Music. With iPod touch, it's more than just hearing your music. Turn iPod touch on its side and glide through your music by album art with the flick of your finger. Tap an album cover to flip it over and display a track list. Tap again to start the music. The Genius feature finds other songs on your iPod touch that sound great with the one you were listening to and makes a Genius playlist for you. iPod touch includes the iPhone 3.1 software, so you can pair Bluetooth stereo headphones with it.
Movies + TV shows. Carry hours of video with you and watch it on the crisp 3.5-inch color widescreen display. Shop the iTunes Store and choose from thousands of movies, TV shows, and video podcasts to load up your iPod touch. While watching your video, tap the display to bring up the onscreen controls. You can play or pause, view by chapter, and adjust the volume. Want to switch between widescreen and full screen? Simply tap the display twice.
App Store. There are tens of thousands of apps in the App Store, with more added every day. When you find an app you want, buy and download it wirelessly to your iPod touch from anywhere over Wi-Fi, and start using it right away. iPod touch tells you whenever an app update is available, so you'll always have the latest versions of your favorite apps.
iTunes. The built-in Wi-Fi capability in iPod touch gives you access to the iTunes Store, where you can choose from millions of high-quality iTunes Plus songs and thousands of movies, TV shows, audiobooks, and free podcasts and iTunes U lectures. Play a preview of any song or video, then tap once to buy it.
Voice Control. Voice Control on the new 32 GB and 64 GB iPod touch gives you the ability to control music playback with spoken commands. Say "Play artist Bob Dylan," and iPod touch does just that. Ask what song is playing and hear iPod touch answer. Speak simple commands such as "shuffle," "next song," and "pause." iPod touch comes with the Apple Earphones with Remote and Mic. Voice Control features support more than 20 languages.
Photos. With storage for up to 90,000 of your favorite photos, iPod touch lets you flick through and share all those remember-that-day moments. Flick to scroll through thumbnails. Tap to view full screen. Play slideshows, complete with music and transitions.
Home Screen. Make iPod touch your own with customized Home screens. Arrange the icons on your Home screen any way you want right on iPod touch or from your computer using iTunes 9. Move an app one row up, two apps over, or even to another Home screen. Create up to 11 Home screens for quick access to the games and applications. Search the entire contents from your main Home screen. Once you start typing, Spotlight begins searching all of your music, videos, contacts, email, calendars, notes, and even your audiobooks and podcasts.
Safari. iPod touch features Safari, the most advanced web browser ever on a portable device. See the web in your hands the same way you see it on a computer. iPod touch is the only iPod with built-in wireless access to the web. It has Google and Yahoo! search built in, so it's easy to find what you're looking for on the web. Get a closer look at any web page by zooming in and out with a tap or a pinch of the Multi-Touch display.
Mail. Email on iPod touch looks and works just like email on your computer. And it works with the email accounts you already have. iPod touch supports rich HTML email, so images and photos appear alongside text. With its built-in dictionary,* the intelligent iPod touch keyboard predicts and suggests words as you type, making it fast and easy to write email. And when you rotate iPod touch on its side, the keyboard instantly switches from portrait to landscape for larger keys and more room to type.
Maps. iPod touch finds your location using known Wi-Fi hotspots. It also finds points of interest by keyword: Search for "coffee" and iPod touch shows you cafes nearby. Just type in an address and get directions from wherever you are. You can also mark specific locations and find the best route between them.
Nike + iPod Compatibility. Just slip the Nike + iPod Sensor (available separately) into your Nike shoe and start your run. The sensor communicates wirelessly with your iPod touch, tracking your time, distance, and calories burned.
Voice Memos. With Voice Memos, you can record little (and big) bits of information to your iPod touch. Voice Memos will record even when you're using your iPod touch to do things such as checking email or surfing the web. You can trim recorded memos right on iPod touch.
More Features. iPhone 3.1 Software Features:
Genius Mixes; Genius Recommendations for Apps; Peer-to-Peer Gaming; Buy Movies, TV Shows, and Audiobooks via Wi-Fi; Landscape Keyboard; Cut, Copy & Paste; Spotlight Search; Automatic Wi-Fi Login; Accessibility (for people with disabilities); Stereo Bluetooth; Shake to Shuffle; Parental Controls.
iPod touch also includes these useful apps:
Calendar, Contacts, Notes, Stocks, Weather, Calculator.
Exercise 1. Answer the following questions.
1) What is the main advantage/feature of the new iPod?
2) What possibilities does the iPod touch give to the users?
3) What should you do to start the music?
4) Where can you buy movies and TV shows for the iPod touch?
5) Is it possible to download new applications to iPod? How should you do this?
6) In what way can you control the music playback?
7) Can you see web on iPod touch the same way you see it on a computer? How is it possible?
8) Is writing an e-mail fast and easy? Why?
9) Can you find points of interest with the help of iPod touch? With the help of what feature is it possible?
10) Does iPod touch have useful applications and interesting features? What are they?
Exercise 2. Say True or False.
1) It is impossible to pair Bluetooth stereo headphones with iPod touch.
2) To start the music you should only tap the track from the list.
3) Tap once to switch between widescreen and fullscreen.
4) New applications can’t be downloaded wirelessly.
5) Before buying a song you may play a preview of it.
6) Voice Control gives you ability to control music playback in 15 languages.
7) For quick access to games and applications you may create up to 11 Home screens.
8) Built-in wireless access to the web allows you to search with Yahoo! and Google.
9) You should tap twice to switch keyboard between portrait to landscape.
10) Voice Memos will record even when you are surfing the web.
Exercise 3. Give the Russian equivalents.
1) to tap the display
2) available update
3) high-quality video
4) built-in Wi-Fi capability
5) music playback
6) to scroll though thumbnails
7) «shuffle» and «pause»
8) advanced web browser
9) intelligent keyboard
10) to switch from smth. to smth.
11) to find smth. by keywords
12) to communicate wirelessly
14) useful applications
15) to adjust the volume
16) to arrange the icons
Exercise 4. Give the English equivalents.
1) карманный компьютер
2) просматривать сеть
3) загружать подкасты
4) давать доступ
5) возможность контролировать
6) воспроизведение музыки
8) расположить иконки
9) быстрый доступ
10) портативное устройство
11) ключевое слово
12) встроенный беспроводной доступ
13) проверять почту
14) записывать информацию
15) вырезать, копировать и вставить
Exercise 5. Match each word with its meaning.
Exercise 6. Compare the technical details of the 1st Generation iPod and the 2nd Generation iPod. What are the advantages of the second iPod.
Последнее изменение этой страницы: 2016-03-22; Просмотров: 576; Нарушение авторского права страницы