Архитектура Аудит Военная наука Иностранные языки Медицина Металлургия Метрология
Образование Политология Производство Психология Стандартизация Технологии
The Present Continuous Tense.
Настоящее длительное время употребляется для выражения действия в момент развития в настоящем времени. При этом не имеет значения, сколько времени длится данное действие. Важно, что действие рассматривается в развитии как процесс. В предложении могут употребляться следующие слова at the moment - в настоящий момент, now - сейчас, теперь.
The Present Continuous Tense образуется при помощи глагола to be в настоящем времени и 4-ой формы глагола.
Существует группа глаголов, которые не употребляются в Continuous: see, hear, smell, sound, feel, look, taste, notice, believe, guess, imagine, mean, realize, know, remember, understand, love, like, hate, want, wish, prefer, belong, own, possess
Prepositions of place. (Предлоги места)
Prepositions of directions. (Предлоги направления)
Prepositions of time. (Предлоги времени)
Контрольная работа № 1
вариант 1 (английский язык, для 1-ого курса всех специальностей)
Прочтите и письменно переведите текст.
Bill Gates, one of the richest men in the world, who developed Microsoft, was born in 1955 in Seattle, USA. From his parents he got a good business sense and a quick mind. His father was a lawyer and his mother was a teacher and then a company director.
At school Billy showed that he was very intelligent. His favourite subjects were maths and science. At 13 he got interested in computers. Bill Gates and his friend Paul Allen spend all their time writing programmes and learning about computers instead of doing their homework.
After finishing school in 1973, Bill went to Harvard, America's most famous university. Most of the time he worked on the computers in the university laboratory. Even then he knew that he would revolutionize the world of computing, so he left Harvard before finishing his studies.
The two friend started Microsoft inl975, and very soon it became a business success. Then Bill Gates developed MS-DOS, the standard operating system for all PC's, such well-known programmes as Windows, Excel and Internet Explorer. Bill Gates is married and has two children
Bill hasn't got much free time, but when he has a chance he likes playing golf and bridge. He is also fond of reading about science.
For such a rich person, his life is simple, and he spends very little on himself. When it comes to helping others, though, Gates is very generous. The Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation has already given $300 million to charity.
2. Ответьте письменно на вопросы по тексту.
1 .When and where was B. Gates born?
2. What does his father do?
3. What were his favourite subjects at school?
4. Was Bill Gates a hard working pupil?
5. What university did he enter?
6. Did he graduate from the university?
7. Why didn't he finish his studies?
8. When did he and his friend Paul Allen found Microsoft?
9. What computing programmes did Bill Gates develop?
10. What does he like to do when he has free time?
Вставьте глагол to be в Present Simple.
1. Where... you? -1... in the kitchen.
2. Where ... Fred? - He is in the garden.
3. Where are Lisa and John? - They ... at college.
4. ... you busy? - No, I... not. Mike ... busy.
5. It... ten o'clock
6. How ... you? -... I...not very well today.
7. What... your name? My name... Anna Kovalyova.
8. My uncle... an office worker.
9. ... you a librarian? No, I... not. I...a doctor.
10. My cousins ...schoolchildren.
Раскройте скобки, употребляя глаголы в Present Continuous.
1. Don`t take an umbrella. It (not / to rain).
2.Where is Ann? – She ( to have) a tea.
3. Ted ( to work) now? – No, he (to watch)TV.
4. The weather is fine today. The sun ( to shine) brightly.
5. He ( to speak) on the phone at the moment.
6. Listen. Someone ( to play ) the piano the moment.
Поставьте глаголы в Present Simple или Present Continuous.
1. Helen (to want) to speak English fluently. She ( to study) hard.
2. The children ( to play ) in the yard)?- No, they ( to watch) TV.
3. When the train ( to arrive)? – At 10.20 a.m.
4. You (to take) a shower or a bath in the evening?
5. What you ( to do) here? – I ( to wait ) for my friend.
6. The sun ( to come ) up in the east and ( to go) down in the west.
7. My mother ( not/ to cook) dinner now< she ( to write) a letter.
Раскройте скобки, употребляя глаголы в Past Simple.
1. She ( to study ) English two hours ago.
2. We ( not / to have) History yesterday.
3. Last week she ( to write) a funny story about her pet.
4. You ( to drink) coffee or tea?
5. What ( to get) for your birthday?
6. When you ( to come) home from school?
7. When he (to enter ) the University?
8. What your relatives ( to do) yesterday?
Вставьте глаголы в Present Simple, Present Continuous, Past Simple, Future Simple.
1. My brother ( to take) a shower every day.
2. Yesterday I ( to be) very busy and ( not / to talk) to them.
3. What you ( to do) now? – I ( to cook) dinner.
4. You (to go) shopping tomorrow?
5. It ( to rain) now?
6. It often ( to rain) in autumn in St. Petersburg.
7. You ( to stay) at home last night?
8. How you usually ( to spend) evenings?
Вставьте артикли, где нужно.
1. Africa is… very large continent.
2. This is … my brother’s book.
3. She has … dog and … cat.
4. My mother is … teacher.
5. My sister is at … home now.
6. This dress is made of …cotton.
7. Put … book on …table.
8. This is … interesting book.
9. May is … fifth month of the year.
10. I have …tea in … morning.
КОНТРОЛЬНАЯ РАБОТА № 1
вариант 2 (английский язык, для 1-ого курса всех специальностей)
Traditions and Customs
1. Прочтите и письменно переведите текст
Every nation and every country has its own traditions. In Britain traditions play a more important part in the life of the people than in other countries.
The English are very proud of their traditions and carefully keep them. When you come to England you're struck at once by quite a number of customs. Some ceremonies are rather formal, such as the Changing of the Guard at Buckingham Palace, Trooping the Colour, the State opening of Parliament, the Ceremony of the Keys. Sometimes you will see a group of cavalrymen riding on black horses through the streets of London. They wear red uniforms, shining helmets, long black boots and long white gloves. These men are Life Guards. Their special duty is to guard the King or the Queen of Great Britain, and very important guests of the country.
One of the most impressive and popular displays of royal pageantry is the Changing of the Guard, which takes place at Buckingham Palace every day including Sunday at 11.30. The troops who take part are selected from the five regiments of Foot Guards. Their numbers depend on whether the Queen is in residence or not. The men of the duty guard march from either Wellington or Chelsea Barracks to Buckingham Palace with a band.
The guard to be relieved forms at the south end of the forecourt under the command of the Captain of the Queen's Guard. The New Guard enters the forecourt by the north gate. As it approaches, the Old Guard is called to attention. The New Guard is then halted to be formed into files before it advances to position at a slow march. While this is taking place, the band plays. Later the band leads the Old Guard back to their barracks.
A new tradition has been born in Britain. Every year a large number of ancient motor cars drive from London to Brighton. Some of these cars look very funny. This run from London to Brighton is a colourful demonstration. People are dressed in the clothes of those times. It is not a race, and most of the cars come to Brighton (which is 60 miles from London) in the evening.
2.Ответьте на вопросы по тексту
1. What are the English so proud of?
2. What formal ceremonies do you know?
3. Where does the Changing of the Guard take place?
4. Where does it take place?
5. When does it take place?
6. What new tradition has been born in Britain?
7. How far is Brighton from London?
3. Вставьте глагол (to be) в Present Simple
1. Where … Lisa and John? They … at college.
2. What … your name?
3….you busy? No I…not.
4. … your sister ay school?
5. My name … Ann. I … 18.
6. … a dancer? No I …not. I … a teacher.
7. We …are at school now.
8. His wife … not from Moscow.
9. My cousins … students.
10. This … not my pen.
4. Раскройте скобки, употребляя глаголы в Present Continuous.
1. I (to do) my homework
2. John and his friend (to go ) to the library.
3. My brother ( to play ) computer games now.
4. The old man (to walk) along the street.
5. We (to drink) coffee.
6. My sister (to write ) a dictation.
5. Поставьте глаголы в Present Simple или Present Continuous
1. What you ( to do) here? – I ( to wait) for my friend.
2. We (not to watch) TV in the morning.
3. How often she ( to take) medicine?
4. My father ( not to sleep) now. He (to work ) in the garden.
5. Your sister (to study) at the college?
6. The pupils ( to write ) a dictation now.
7. I ( to translate) an article from English into Russian.
8. Your sister ( to rest) now?
6. Раскройте скобки, употребляя глаголы в Past Simple.
1. I (to go) to bed at 12 o`clock yesterday.
2. We (not to rest) yesterday.
3. What you (to get) for your birthday?
4. I (to be) busy last summer.
5. They (to enjoy) at the concert last evening?
6. Who ( to create) Mickey Mouse?
7. Where he (to spend) last summer?
8. How she ( to help) mother yesterday?
7. Раскройте скобки, употребляя глаголы в одном из следующих времен? Present Simple, Past Simple, Present Continuous, Future Simple.
1. Hurry! The bus (to come). I ( not want ) to miss it.
2. I ( to help ) you tomorrow.
3. Where you (to be ) yesterday?
4. What ( to write) ?
5. The pupils (to write ) a dictation now.
6. Where your brother (to work)?
7. You (to skate) last Sunday?
8. Yesterday I ( to come) home from school at 2 o`clock.
8. Вставьте артикли, где нужно.
1. This is … book. It is my … book.
2. I have …two sisters.
3. … Moscow is situated on …Moscow river.
4. Is …Asia … island or …continent?
5. …Black Sea is in …south of our country?
6. There is … big tree in … garden.
7. My brother is … pupil. He goes to …school.
8. At …home he does his …homework.
9. In …August he his …birthday.
10. After school he goes…home.
Контрольная работа №1
вариант 3 (английский язык, для 1-ого курса всех специальностей)
1. Прочитайте и письменно переведите текст
The Disney Story
The greatest cartoon-maker in cinema history was Walt Disney. He produced his first (black and white) Mickey Mouse cartoon in 1928. It was an instant hit with both children and adults. More cartoons followed, including `Flowers and Trees`. Then three years later Disney created his second cartoon superstar –Donald Duck. By this time he had his own studio and a large team of cartoonists. These were the people who helped to draw the thousand `cells` for `Snow White And the Seven Dwarfs`.
A magical mixture of fantasy, comedy, music and colour, `Snow White` was a landmark in a cartoon history. It was also a huge hit with international audiences, who demanded more full-length cartoons.
They say, Disney seldom praised anybody and he didn't like to show his feelings and emotions. But once when he saw a few episodes from Bambi and turned to the animators there were tears in his eyes. This was how Disney approved of their work. But it happened only twice in thirty-nine years.
Disney respected people who could make something with their hands. He especially respected the carpenter working in the studio. Although everyone called Disney Walt and he called everybody by their first name, the carpenter was an exception to the rule. Disney always called him Mr. Rogers.
When Walt Disney was making a film, he always thought not only about children but also about grown-ups. That's why he tried to touch upon the subjects of nature and life, he wanted to make people think about life, love, justice, about good and evil powers. There were episodes in Disney's films that did not leave a dry eye in the cinema. At the same time all Disney's films are full of optimism and have a happy ending. A great number of people were brought up on Walt Disney's films and they are grateful to him for these unforgettable moments in their childhood.
It may seem strange that after the success in animation, Disney directed his energies to a new field — constructing Disneyland. Everybody thought that it was impossible to realize this idea but Disney saw it as continuation of what he had been doing all his life. Disneyland (in California) and Disneyworld (in Florida) receive millions of visitors every year.
2. Ответьте на вопросы по тексту
1. Who was the greatest cartoon maker in the world?
2. When did Walt Disney produce his first cartoon film?
3. What film by Walt Disney do you know?
4. What film was a huge hit with international audiences?
5. Are all Disney`s films full of optimism?
6. What people did Disney respect?
7. Where did Walt Disney direct his energy after success in animation?
8. What did he wan to make people think about?
9. What parks of attractions did he create?
10. How many visitors do they receive every year?
3. Вставьте глагол tо be в Present Simple.
1. …your sister a doctor?
2. Where … you from?
3. He … at work.
4. What … the time? Two o`clock.
5. I …at home now.
6 … you a dancer? No, I … not. I … a singer.
7. How old … you? I … 19.
8. How …you? I …fine.
9. Where… your bag? It … on the table.
10. You … right.
4. Раскройте скобки, употребляя глаголы в Present Continuous.
1. Mr. Jones (to clean) his flat.
2. I … (not to eat), I… (to read).
3. Who (to cook) dinner in the kitchen?
4. The girls (to sing) a song.
5. It (to rain). Take the umbrella.
6. She (to wash) her hair at the moment.
5. Поставьте глаголы в Present Continuous или Present Simple.
1. I ( to take) my sister to school now.
2. I (to take ) her to school every day.
3. At the moment they ( to go) to the river to swim.
4. They usually ( to go) to the river for a swim.
5. We ( to drink) tea now. We ( to drink) every morning.
6. I (not to sleep) now. I (not to sleep) in the day time.
7. What you ( to do) now? What (to do) at the lessons?
6. Раскройте скобки, употребляя глаголы в Past Simple.
1. On Monday we (to have) 6 lessons.
2. We ( to see) a very good film last night.
3. In the evening their children (to watch) TV and (to do ) homework.
4. They ( to spend) their holidays abroad last summer.
5. She ( to come ) home two hours ago.
6. He (to study) in London last year?
7. She ( not to go ) to school yesterday.
8. When you (to visit) your grandmother?
7. Вставьте глаголы в Present Simple, Present Continuous, Past Simple.
1. You ( to be) at the theatre yesterday.
2. My mother (not to work) in the garden now.
3. Everybody (to have) a good time every Saturday?
4. Where they ( to go) now?
5. What your brother (to do) yesterday?
6. What your brother ( to do) now?
7. What your brother (to do) every day?
8. Her English (not to be ) excellent, but she (to work) at it.
Последнее изменение этой страницы: 2016-03-15; Просмотров: 946; Нарушение авторского права страницы