Архитектура Аудит Военная наука Иностранные языки Медицина Металлургия Метрология
Образование Политология Производство Психология Стандартизация Технологии
Поставьте глаголы в скобках в форму Present Continuous Active или Present Simple Active.
Пример: The milk … (boil). Can you turn it off? - is boiling
1. What’s the matter? Why … the child … (cry)?
2. She seldom … (come) home so early.
3. Hurry up! The train … (arrive) in five minutes.
4. We … (read) many books in the original, now we … (read) The Fairy Tales by Oscar Wilde.
5. Don’t disturb her, she … (work) at her essay.
6. Where … (be) the children? They … (play) computer games.
7. What …you … (do) now? I … (make) an apple pie.
8. I must go now. It … (get) late.
9. My mother always … (go) to work by car.
10. … the earth … (go) round the moon?
6. Выберите правильный вариант.
1. We think / are thinking that you are wrong.
2. The pie tastes / is tasting wonderful.
3. I feel / am feeling we should go there.
4. Who are you? What do you want / are you wanting?
5. Where is Jack? He has / is having a shower.
6. Do you know / Are you knowing what’s happening.
7. We have / are having a house near the park.
8. I don’t like / am not liking hockey very much.
9. I see / am seeing Tom tomorrow.
10. John paid for the car so it belongs / is belonging to him now.
Исправьте ошибки в предложениях.
1. I’m siting at the back of the train.
2. Of course he’s believing you!
3. What are you thinking of her new friend?
4. It’s begining to snow.
5. Hurry up! We leave in a few minutes.
6. The water boils. Please take it off the stove.
7. Don’t phone him now – he having lunch.
8. I’m hoping you can help me.
9. Is the fish smelling bad?
10. Alice isn’t play tennis every Monday.
Поставьте глаголы в форму Present Continuous Passive.
Пример: repair – is being repaired
Поставьте глаголы в скобках в форму Present Continuous Passive. Переведите предложения.
Пример: Look, trees are being planted (plant) by the children in our yard.
1. Don’t enter the room! A student … (examine) there.
2. The question which … (discuss) now at the conference is very important.
3. Ann can’t use her office at the moment. It … (redecorate).
4. Have you visited the new exhibition of this artist? It … (visit) actively.
5. You can’t enter the Internet. The computer … (use) now.
6. There is somebody behind us. I think we … (follow).
7. A new highway … (build) between Germany and France now.
8. The manager hasn’t signed the documents. They … (check) now.
9. She … (tell) a wonderful story by her Granny.
10. This poem … (learn) by heart by Mary.
Поставьте глаголы в скобках в форму Present Continuous Passive или Active.
Пример: Don’t enter the room! A student … there. (examine) - is being examined
1. The question which … now at the conference is very important. (discuss)
2. Let’s go out. It … now. (not /rain)
3. The manager hasn’t signed the documents. They …now. (check)
4. Ron is in London at the moment. He … at the Park Hotel. (stay)
5. My father is an architect, but he … now. (not /work)
6. You can’t enter the Internet. The computer … right now. (use)
7. There is somebody behind us. I think we …. (follow)
8. Hurry up! Everybody … for you. (wait)
9. A new highway … between Germany and France at present. (build)
10. How is your English? Not bad. It… slowly. (improve)
Перепишите предложения, используя глагол в Present Continuous Passive.
Пример: Please wait! They are discussing your question now. - Please wait! Your question is being discussed now.
1. She is painting the house at the moment.
2. What poem is he writing now?
3. My younger sister is cooking very tasty biscuits.
4. Somebody is following me.
5. He is using your PDA at the moment.
6. They are selling this house.
7. A famous architect is building a new bridge.
8. He is cleaning your shoes.
9. Don’t turn TV off. I am watching it.
10. The scientists are inventing new medicine.
Перепишите предложения, используя глагол в Present Continuous Passive или Active.
Пример: All the students are listening to the lecturer. – The lecturer is being listened to.
1. She is being told a wonderful story by her Granny.
2. They are building a new road round the city.
3. She is still translating the article.
4. Look, trees are being planted by the children in our yard.
5. Someone is cleaning the room at the moment.
6. This poem is being learnt by heart by Mary.
7. People are poisoning millions of fish in the sea.
8. They are announcing the winners of the competition at the moment.
9. He is examining the patient at the moment.
10. They are still decorating a new house.
5. Вопросы для подготовки устного сообщения
Подготовьте устное сообщение по теме Modern types of computers (15-20 предложений).
1. What are the ways to classify computers?
2. What types of computers are portable?
3. What types of computers need plugging in to work?
4. What is the difference between a workstation and a desktop computer?
5. Can a PDA replace a notebook computer? Why? Why not?
6. What two types of computers do you know a lot about? Compare them.
7. What type of computer is often purpose-built for one or a very few specific institutional tasks? Can you give any examples?
Раздел 4. my university
Задания на лексику
а) Прочитать и перевести слова и фразы, выполнить задания 1-3.
Задания на чтение
b) Прочитать и перевести текст «Siberian Federal University» и выполнить задания 1-5.
c) Изучить грамматические правила.
d) Выполнить задания 1-10.
5. Вопросы для подготовки устного сообщения
e) Подготовить устное сообщение по теме My university (15-20 предложений).
f) Выполнить контрольную работу № 4.
Задания на лексику
Переведите и выучите слова.
1. the Institute of Space and Information Technology
2. Siberian Federal University (SibFU)
4. higher education
6. educational institution
7. in compliance with
8. (to) be considered
9. (to) be founded on…
10. (to) be formed of…
12. training course
13. full-time department
14. part-time department
15. correspondence department
16. postgraduate department
17. (to) gain a Bachelor's / Master's degree
18. (to) implement
19. teaching staff
20. joint use centre
22. Doctor of Science
23. specialist in the field of…
24. computational facilities
25. resource centre
26. hall of residence / dormitory
27. university campus
30. to conduct research
1. Institute of Fundamental Biology and Biotechnology
2. Institute of Architecture and Design
3. Institute of Engineering and Construction
4. Institute of Military Training
5. Institute of Engineering Physics and Radio Electronics
6. Institute of Non-Ferrous Metals and Materials Science
7. Polytechnic Institute
8. Institute of Petroleum and Natural Gas Engineering
9. Institute of Education, Psychology and Sociology
10. Institute of Philology and Language Communication
11. Institute of Mining, Geology and Geotechnology
12. Institute of Economics, Management and Environmental Studies
13. Institute of Business Management and Economics
14. Institute for the Humanities
15. Law Institute
16. Institute of Core Undergraduate Programmes
17. Institute of Mathematics
18. Institute of Physical Education, Sport and Tourism
Закончите предложения словами из таблицы. Изменяйте форму слов, если необходимо.
1. A great number of educational institutions in Krasnoyarsk provide many ___ to get a higher education.
2. A university ___ comprises academic buildings and accommodation for students and staff.
3. SibFU provides training ___ with international standards.
4. Many ___ students plan to continue education and gain a Master’s degree.
5. SibFU ___ include many outstanding scientists.
6. E-learning ___ in teaching many subjects in SibFU.
7. SibFU ___ research in many scientific fields.
8. Those who want to combine studying and working can apply for ___ a course.
9. SibFU supercomputer ___ one of the most high-performance computers in Russia.
10. SibFU ___ of 19 institutes.
1. Someone who has formally asked for a university place.
5. A first university degree.
7. A large building at a college or university where students live.
8. A student at college or university, who is working for their first degree.
9. Rooms, equipment, or services that are provided for a particular purpose.
10. The subjects that are taught by a university, college etc, or the things that are studied in a particular subject.
11. An amount of money that is given to someone by an educational organization.
12. The former students of a school, college, etc.
14. Someone who holds the highest level of degree given by a university.
15. Someone who is studying at a university to get a Master's degree.
2. Involving ideas, information, or people from different subjects or areas of study.
3. Relating to education, especially at college or university level.
4. A teacher in a British university or college.
6. A serious study of a subject, in order to discover new facts or test new ideas.
13. The land and buildings of a university or college, including the buildings where students live.
14. A course of study at a university or college, or the qualification that is given to you when you have successfully completed the course.
Задания на чтение
1. Прочитайте текст и найдите английские эквиваленты для:
1. Болонский процесс
2. внедрять, реализовывать
3. степень бакалавра
4. степень магистра
5. высокопроизводительный компьютерный центр
6. проводить исследования
7. программа по обмену студентами
8. учебный корпус
10. достигать цели
Siberian Federal University
There are a lot of institutions of higher education in our city but the largest and the most famous one is Siberian Federal University. It was founded on the 28th of November, 2006 and united four universities: Krasnoyarsk State University, Krasnoyarsk State Technical University, Krasnoyarsk State Architectural Academy, and State University of Non-Ferrous Metals and Gold. Today the University consists of 19 institutes, 41, 000 students and more than 3, 000 faculty members, mostly Doctors and Candidates of Science.
Siberian Federal University offers higher education by 122 educational programmes in 50 professional fields. The education is based on international standards. Bachelor’s and Master’s degree programmes have been implemented in compliance with the Bologna process. The University offers 116 Doctoral programmes.
SibFU equipment joint use centre is an infrastructure element of the innovative system of the University that allows solving large-scale interdisciplinary problems in the areas of high technology and nanotechnology. Equipment joint use centre introduces about 100 units of unique devices and facilities for scientific research which allow conducting the most difficult world-level research.
The University high-performance computing centre provides specialists from various research areas with up-to-date computational and engineering facilities. The University possesses a supercomputer, one of the “Top-50” most high-performance computers in Russia.
Students from Russia and other countries study at the University. SibFU maintains “double degree” programmes with European, Asian and American universities. According to various educational and cultural exchange programmes, hundreds of international students visit SibFU and hundreds of SibFU students study abroad.
The University campus is still being built – it will occupy an area of 650 hectares, with 22 new buildings on its territory. The campus will include academic buildings, a library with storages for 3 million volumes, an international-level sports complex, a congress hall with auditoriums for conferences and exhibitions, several sports centres, halls of residence for students and accommodation for faculty members, hotels for visiting professors, and a cinema complex.
The University helps its students and staff to discover and develop their talents. Special attention is paid to the development of physical education and student sports. Much attention is devoted to the student sports achievements as an effective way of promoting SibFU in Russia and abroad.
Also SibFU students publish the University newspaper and work on SibFU TV channel which provides with news reports not only the University broadcasting network but also Krasnoyarsk Region TV channels.
The goal of Siberian Federal University is to become the centre of innovation and technology development, a world-class human resources training centre. The positive changes that have taken place in the past years allow to assume that the University can achieve its goal.
2. Найдите в тексте синонимы для следующих слов:
1. according to (adv.)
2. aim (n.)
3. supply (v.)
4. dormitory (n.)
5. merge (v.)
6. dedicate (v.)
7. collective (adj.)
8. advertise (v.)
9. introduce (v.)
10. carry out (v.)
3. Найдите в тексте антонимы для следующих слов:
1. local (adj.)
2. unshared (adj.)
3. waste (v.)
4. traditional (adj.)
5. failure (n.)
6. uniform (adj.)
7. decrease (n.)
8. dishonour (v.)
9. disagreement (n.)
10. search (v.)
Последнее изменение этой страницы: 2016-04-10; Просмотров: 2016; Нарушение авторского права страницы