Архитектура Аудит Военная наука Иностранные языки Медицина Металлургия Метрология
Образование Политология Производство Психология Стандартизация Технологии
I. Поставьте глаголы в Simple Past и Future Simple, употребляя соответствующие наречия времени. Запишите полученные предложения и переведите их на русский язык.
1. They make mistakes.
2. We go to the Institute by bus.
3. She saves money to go abroad.
4. He works at a plant.
5. The postman brings us the newspaper in the morning.
II. Прочитайте текст. Задайте к предложениям вопросы, используя вопросительные слова, данные в скобках.
Samuel Colt was an American (what nationality?). He lived in the 19th century (when?) In 1836 he designed and patented a pistol (what?). It was a pistol with revolving barrel that could fire 6 bullets one after another (what kind of?). It was the first pistol of its kind. Later there appeared many other pistols with 6 bullets (when?).
III. Поставьте глаголы, стоящие в скобках, в зависимости от смысла в Present Perfect или Past Simple. Переведите на русский язык.
1. I (not to see) Andrew at the lecture.
2. I (to have) no news from him since he (to leave) home.
3.The manager (to enter) the office, (to sit down) at his desk, and (to begin) to look through the morning mail.
4. (to come) the secretary?
5. In summer I (to go) for long walk after breakfast.
IV. Спишите, подчеркните причастие I, определите его функцию в предложении, переведите на русский язык.
1. We visited one of the largest plants producing tractors in our country.
2. He sat at the table thinking.
3. Standing on the bank of the river he watched the dockers at work.
4. Signing the letter the manager asked the secretary to send it off at once.
5. Packing his things quickly, he hurried up to the station.
V. Раскройте скобки и поставьте глаголы в форму Simple Present или Present Continuous. Переведите на русский язык.
1. You (to hate) trade fairs? I dislike them, but I (not to hate) them.
2. You (to dream) at night? Yes, I always (to dream) and if I (to eat) too much supper I (to have) nightmares.
3. These workmen are never satisfied, they always (to complain).
4. Julia and Mr. Jones (to have) a long conversation. I (to wonder) what they (to talk) about.
5. You (to believe) all that the newspapers say? No, I (not to believe) any of it. Then why you (to read) newspapers?
VI. Перепишите данные предложения, используя слова very few, a few, very little, a little вместо выделенных слов. Переведите на русский язык.
1. Not much time was wasted.
2. There аre not many rich men in the town.
3. I saw Mary three or four days ago.
4. Not mаny women worked a hundred years ago.
5. There hasn’t been much snow during the last few weeks.
VII. Прочитайте текст и выполните задания к нему.
To go international a large firm can set up a joint venture with a company of another country. In this case two companies pool their resources to design, manufacture and sell the product. Both firms profit by the results of this arrangement. They also share responsibility. One of the firms provides the necessary funds and know-how for producing goods. In return it gets a foothold in the foreign market. The other firm obtains financial and technical assistance. And it takes responsibility for handling red tape and organizing sales in the local market.
In the beginning of the 21-st century, for example, a Connecticut engineering company set up a Joint venture with Russian oil refineries and petrochemical plants. The venture gives the Russians the necessary technology and the Connecticut Company has gained a foothold in the world's largest oil industry in return.
Задания к тексту
1.Выберите наиболее правильное продолжение.
1) Firms go international because: a/their officers want to go abroad more often b/ they want to save money from local taxes c/they need technical and financial assistance from abroad.
2) Large foreign companies take part in joint ventures in Russia because: a/ they want to get a foothold in the Russian market b/ they want to save money from taxation in home countries c/ they can’t work well enough at home.
2. Ответьте на вопросы письменно.
-What can a firm set up if it wants to go international?
-Who can it make a joint venture with?
-What do the two companies do when they arrange a joint venture?
-What do they need joint resources for?
-Do they share profit or responsibilities only in this case?
-What does each firm provide and get when the two of them set up a joint venture?
-Who provides finance and technology?
-Who deals with the red tape?
-Who organizes sales?
-Why was the Connecticut engineering firm interested in this joint venture?
-What did the Russians get in return?
I. Поставьте глаголы, стоящие в скобках, в зависимости от смысла в Present Perfect или Past Simple. Переведите предложения на русский язык.
1.When the delegation (to arrive) in Moscow? - It (to arrive) yesterday.
2.We (to discuss) the matter during supper.
3. I (to speak) to him the other day.
4.They (to inform) me of the time of shipment of the goods.
5. (tо arrive) the steamer yesterday? - No, it didn’t.
II. Поставьте глаголы в Past Simple и Future Simp1е, используя соответствующие наречия времени. Запишите полученные предложения, переведите их на русский язык.
1.He plays tennis.
2.It rains in October.
3.She works as an accountant.
4.These shops close at 6 p.m.
5.I help him.
III. Прочитайте текст. Задайте к предложениям вопросы, используя вопросительные слова, данные в скобках.
In the early 1980’s, Ellis saw the potential for home computers (when?). Using standard components, he put together his first computer (what?), the YX30. At first, he took it over through specialist electronic magazines (where?). Then he placed advertisements in the «Quality» Sunday newspapers, (what?). It was an immediate success. In a year he brought out the more powerful YX40 (when?). They had colour graphics and cost less than the YX30 (how much?). There were production problems. Many people returned their YX40 and asked for their money back (who?). In 1985, Ellis went bankrupt and Hamster bought the right to the YX30 (when?).
IV. Раскройте скобки, употребите глаголы в Present Continuous или Present Simple.
1.He (to speak) three foreign languages.
2. He now (to learn) Spanish.
3. The moon (to go) round the earth.
4. He (to listen) to the radio, don’t bother him.
5. You must believe him now. He (to tell) the truth.
V. Спишите, подчеркните причастие I, определите его функцию в предложении, переведите на русский язык.
1. Running down the street Bob waved to his friends.
2. Waiting for the train he read a magazine.
3. While reading Helen remembered her appointment.
4. She bought some books illustrating slaves’ life.
5. While driving he didn’t look at the scenery.
VI. В данных предложениях употребите some или any.
1. I will have ... news next week.
2. Philip wants ... help with his exams.
3. Would you have ... help?
4. There isn't ... reason to complain.
5. Are there ... problems with your work?
VII. Прочитайте текст и выполните задания к нему.
Subsidiaries and Branches
A company can set up a branch in the foreign country to handle the sales of the product abroad. A parent company specifies the tasks and goals of a branch. Those usually consist of marketing and selling the product.
If the managers of the parent company decide to arrange the company's own production facilities (plants, factories, etc) overseas, they set up a subsidiary. A subsidiary works under the laws of the foreign country and to the profit of its parent company. Some subsidiaries are to a great extend independent of their parent companies because the home management believes that the on-site managers are in the best position to make decisions.
1.The goals and tasks of a branch consist of: a/manufacturing products b/ handling the red tape in the foreign company c/marketing and selling the product.
2.Some subsidiaries are independent of their home management because: a/ they work under the laws of a foreign country b/ the parent company officers think that the on-site managers can make better decisions c/they have tasks different from those of the parent companies.
Задания к тексту
1. Выпишите из текста предложения с модальными глаголами. Переведите их на русский язык.
2. Ответьте на вопросы письменно:
1.Why do companies set up branches in a foreign country?
2.What does a parent company do when it sets up a branch overseas?
3.What are the tasks and goals of a branch?
4.In what cases do the managers decide to set up a subsidiary?
5.What laws does a subsidiary work under?
6.Who profits by the work of a subsidiary?
7.When and why do some subsidiaries become independent of companies?
Вариант № 4
I. Поставьте глаголы, стоящие в скобках, в зависимости от смысла, в Present Perfect или Past Simple. Переведите на русский язык.
1.Petrov (to leave) Moscow? - No, he is still in Moscow.
2. I can’t give you a definite answer as I (not to discuss) the matter with the manager.
3.The negotiations (to end) last week.
4.The manager (to sign) the letter. Can you post it at once?
5.He (not to receive) any letters this week.
Последнее изменение этой страницы: 2016-04-09; Просмотров: 1459; Нарушение авторского права страницы