Архитектура Аудит Военная наука Иностранные языки Медицина Металлургия Метрология
Образование Политология Производство Психология Стандартизация Технологии
Give 3 forms of the following verbs.
To play, to solve, to open, to receive, to provide, to get, to enter, to develop, to obtain, to have, to give, to work, to depend.
Read and translate the text A.
HIGHER EDUCATION IN RUSSIA.
A higher school system plays an important role in the development of our country. Only highly-qualified specialists can solve the most complex problems facing our society. Knowledge, science and culture open the prospects for future.
The basic principle of the organization of national education in Russia is equal opportunities for all its citizens.
Residents of Russia of all nationalities have the right to education guaranteed by the Constitution. Primary (elementary) and secondary schools together comprise eleven years of studies. After finishing comprehensive school, lyceum or gymnasium graduates can go to the higher educational institution. One of the necessary qualifications for higher school is complete secondary education. Successful applicants at universities are usually admitted on the basis of entrance examinations records, interviews and their scores on the Tests. Entrance examinations differ depending on the choice of a higher school. Citizens can get higher education through the full-time, correspondent or evening departments. Those who study well receive scholarships. The Government provides state scholarships and grants for some students.
The academic year is divided into two terms, each ending in examinations. The students attend lectures and practical classes and have every opportunity to develop their talents and gifts. Sport is also an essential part of students’ life. In order to obtain practical experience all the students of higher schools have practical training at different enterprises, schools and offices. Every year thousands of graduates receive diplomas of higher education and start working in different branches of science, economy and production. Some of them enter postgraduate courses.
All higher schools in Russia are controlled by the state and the system of public education is being constantly improved. The higher school today doesn’t only give Knowledge to the students but develops their abilities to think creatively and to work productively.
Along with state higher schools existing in Russia many non-state institutions were opened. Thousands of young people who for some reason couldn’t enter any of the state educational establishments have got an opportunity to continue their studies and to get a higher education. Tuition in non-state institutes is not free of charge, it is rather expensive.
Nowadays Russia is going through a very difficult and at the same time a very important period of its historical development, a period of transition to a market economy. Large-scale reforms call upon large-scale changes. Political, economic and social restructing of society is taking place against a background of resource deficiencies: financial, energy, raw materials and many others. However, the most acute problem of all is the deficiency of intellectual resources and the lack of knowledge and skills required for survival of the market economy. So, the future of our country in many respects depends on the quality of education received by its citizens.
Match English and Russian equivalents.
Give Russian equivalents to the following English ones.
Higher school system, highly-qualified specialists, basic principle, complete secondary education, correspondent department, to receive scholarship, to attend lectures and practical classes, to be divided into two terms, non-state institutes, tuition, future of the country, free of charge.
Use English equivalents instead of Russian ones.
1. Only (высоко квалифицированные специалисты) can solve the most complex problems facing our society.
2. After finishing (общеобразовательная школа) graduates can go to higher educational institution.
3. One of the necessary qualifications for higher school is (полное среднее образование).
4. (Абитуриенты) at the universities are admitted (на основе результатов вступительных экзаменов), interviews and the scores on the tests.
5. Citizens can get higher education through the full-time, (заочное отделение) or evening departments.
6. The academic year (разделен на два семестра), each ending in examinations.
7. The higher school develops students’ abilities (думать творчески).
8. (Для того, чтобы получить практический опыт) all the students of higher schools have practical training.
9. Every year thousands of graduates (поступать в аспирантуру).
10. (Обучение) in non-state institutes is not free of charge.
11. (Будущее страны) depends on (качество образования) received by its citizens.
Answer the following questions.
Choose the right variants.
1. Only highly-qualified specialists can … problems facing our society.
a) restrict; b) make; c) solve.
2. The basic principle of the organization of education in Russia is … opportunities.
a) financial; b) social; c) equal.
3. Primary and secondary schools together comprise … years of studies.
a) eleven; c) twelve; c) ten.
4. Every year thousands of applicants are admitted to … .
a) offices; b) educational establishments; c) enterprises.
5. Sports is … part of students’ life.
a) ordinary; b) insignificant; c) essential.
6. Those students who study well … scholarship.
a) receive; b) pay; c) spend.
7. The students … lectures and practical classes.
a) attend; b) deliver; c) prepare.
8. In order to … practical experience all the students of higher schools have practical training.
a) share; b) give; c) obtain.
9. …. in non-state institutes is not free of charge.
a) admission; b) tuition; c) education.
10. The most acute problem for survival of the market economy is the deficiency of … resources.
a) energy; b) intellectual; c) financial.
Find the wrong statements and correct them.
1) Nowadays the role of higher education is unimportant.
2) Complete secondary education is not obligatory for higher school.
3) Admission to the University is by examinations, interviews or the scores on the Tests.
4) Students with good progress in their studies receive scholarships.
5) There is no state control over higher school system in Russia.
6) Citizens have opportunity to get higher education through the full-time, evening or correspondent departments.
7) Higher school gives only Knowledge to the students.
8) All the students obtain practical experience at different enterprises, schools and offices.
9) Tuition in non-state educational establishments is free of charge.
10) The future of the society depends on the quality and quantity of its educated citizens.
Последнее изменение этой страницы: 2016-04-10; Просмотров: 687; Нарушение авторского права страницы