Архитектура Аудит Военная наука Иностранные языки Медицина Металлургия Метрология
Образование Политология Производство Психология Стандартизация Технологии
Which alternative is correct?
C to borrow
C to stop
C to go
C to turn
C to write
C to have
C to be
C to do
3. Complete the questions with do/to do/doing.
1. Translate into Russian:
a) высшее образование;
b) учебный год;
d) степень бакалавра;
e) система дистанционного обучения;
f) язык программирования;
g) искусственный интеллект;
m) заочное обучение;
n) спутниковая связь;
2. Name by one word or term:
a) The smallest unit of an image on a computer screen.
b) An educational institution where students study for degrees and where academic research is done.
c) A machine that stores programs and information in electronic form and can be used for a variety of processes.
d) A computer system that allows people in different parts of the world to exchange information.
e) Someone’s experience and activity of learning, teaching or being taught.
3. Fill the gaps, using one variant from the table:
The Internet is completely changing the way we access (1)… . This general source of news and knowledge has revolutionized the world of media beyond all recognition. Thanks to the (2)… we can find the most sophisticated pieces of information in a flash. It’s no wonder that we tend to say that the world is getting smaller. Because of this new communication channel we feel almost as if we are eye witnesses of events which take place in distant countries. And this is just the beginning of a great (3)… . Nowadays, everybody feels the need to have access to the Internet. Personally, I just can’t imagine that there is any information we can’t receive by virtue of this (4)… .
I love to surf the Internet for hours. How in the world would I get (5)… to the people I care for? In no way would I dream of depreciating the importance of telephones. Particularly I can sit on the phone till the cows come home. Yet, the Internet helps me to save time. I can talk with some friends via Communicator; write e-mails to others simultaneously (6)… the World Wide Web. The Internet is an infinite source of information on education and career opportunities. As a student I don’t want to lag behind those who are well informed about the best job vacancies. It’s the Internet that gives me the means to select the most appropriate offers and get in touch with potential (7)… . Instead of buying dozens of (8)… and trawling through them in search of some worthwhile information sandwiched between things I’m not really interested in, I find everything I need in no time at all. In addition I can practice and (9)… my English on the Internet while I meet new people from different parts of the world. The Internet has become a (10)… part of my daily life and it’s so much more to me than just another source of entertainment.
4. Match the halves of the sentences:
5. Find an English equivalent to the Russian word:
5. Choose one variant to answer:
1) Who is the head of university?
2) How many terms are in the academic year?
3) What anniversary did the MSUPA celebrate in 2010?
a) the 50th;
b) the 60th;
c) the 70th;
d) the 80th.
4) Find the definition of a distance education system:
a) It is a special type of stencil printing;
b) It is a computer system of learning helps working professionals to continue their education while remaining at their jobs;
c) It is the process of printing where the printing elements of the plate are raised above the nonprinting elements;
d) It is the system of primary education.
5) What is a computer mouse?
a) a type of small animal that has long front teeth;
b) an input device;
c) traditional system;
d) printing element.
6) What is the Internet?
a) complicated method of printing;
b) a magnificent global network with millions of people and computers connected together;
c) new, efficient ways of producing printed media;
d) expensive printing technology.
7) What is pixel?
a) The smallest unit of an image on a computer screen;
b) The technology that prints with the printing plate;
c) An output computer device;
d) A computer programme.
8) Who founded the first university in Russia?
a) Peter the Great;
b) Ivan Fedorov;
c) Michael Lomonosov;
d) Ivan the Terrible.
6. Fill in the missing degrees of comparison:
7. Use the verb in correct grammar form:
1. A laptop … smaller than a desktop. (to be)
2. A child … that a mouse … not only a type of small animal that … long front teeth, but also an input device. (to know, to be, to have)
3. In the second half of the 19th century, Moscow State University … the most important centre of scientific researches in Russia. (to become)
4. The economic development of each country … on the level of education which its citizens … . (to depend, to have)
5. In the period of its existence, more than 60 thousands experts for the printing industry … the university. (to graduate)
Find the antonyms.
Последнее изменение этой страницы: 2016-07-14; Просмотров: 401; Нарушение авторского права страницы