Архитектура Аудит Военная наука Иностранные языки Медицина Металлургия Метрология
Образование Политология Производство Психология Стандартизация Технологии
Task 3. Напишите предложения в страдательном залоге и переведите их.
1. I took him for a walk.
2. We shall book tickets tomorrow.
3. We discuss such problems at our meetings.
4. Someone wants you on the phone.
5. They didn’t give me any information.
6. They asked me some difficult questions at the interview.
Task 4. Перепишите предложения выбрав нужную форму глагола в действительном или страдательном залоге. Переведите предложения.
1. Water (cover) most of the Earth’s surface.
2. The park gates (lock) at 6.30 p.m. every evening.
3. The letter (post) a week ago and it (arrive) yesterday.
4. While I was on holiday, my camera (steal) from my hotel room.
5. While I was on holiday, my camera (disappear) from my hotel room.
6. The boat hit a rock and (sink) quickly
Task 5. Прочитайте текст, письменно переведите 1, 3, 4 и 5 абзацы.
1. What kind of music do Americans play, listen to, sing and compose? Since the United States was settled largely by Europeans, it is not surprising that classical music and folk songs were brought over from that continent. Beethoven, Brahms, Debussy, Tchaikovsky, Stravinsky, Bach, Mozart, Bartok and Verdi are but a few names of European composers often seen on orchestra or opera programmes. English, Irish and Scottish folk songs are sung so often and have been sung in America by so many generations that Americans are not even conscious that these songs are of foreign origin.
2. There are many folk songs that grew out of folk. Railroad work gangs and the men in lumber camps had their own ballads and love songs. The cowboy, too, sang about his work and his girl. In recent years there has been increased interest in collecting and recording the folk songs of rural folk from remote regions.
3. By far the greatest contribution to American music, however, has been made by the Negroes in the South. The Negro songs are now part of the nation's precious musical heritage.
4. The Negroes' greatest contribution to American music has been jazz, of course. After the Civil War some of the brass instruments of the Confederate military bands fell into the hands of the Negroes, and the result was all kinds of rhythmical and melodic experiments.
5. Thus jazz, free of conventions and written arrangements, was born. Such composers as Aaron Copland and George Gershwin in America and Stravinsky, Ravel and Milhand in Europe have been influenced by American jazz.
6. An important contribution to world music has been made by American composers of another type of music generally called "pop" — the songs produced for commercial use by professional dance bands, and by amateur musicians. The following men are composers whose songs are constantly sung and played by present-day Americans: Irving Berlin, Jerome Kern, George Gershwin, Richard Rogers, Arthur Schwartz and Vincent Youmans.
Task 6. Найдите в тексте и напишите ответы на вопросы по содержанию текста.
1.Where were folk songs brought to America from?
2. What did cowboys sing about?
3. Are the Negro songs part of the nation’s precious musical heritage?
4. Which composers have been influenced by American jazz?
5. The songs by George Gershwin are constantly sung by present day Americans, aren’t they?
Контрольная работа №5
Заочное отделение специальность ОНП/ ЗРТК .
Task 1. Определите в каждом предложении видо-временную форму глагола-сказуемого и переведите данные предложения:
1) Ann told me that she had seen an interesting film.
2). The room was cleaned and aired.
3) She showed me a picture which had been painted by her husband.
4) They were being taught drawing at that lesson.
5) When I came home, mother had already cooked dinner.
6) Nick was told to go home at once.
Task 2. Переведите предложения на русский язык, обращая внимание на герундий.
1) I am really looking forward to going to New York.
2) He can't stand visiting noisy cities.
3)1 love seeing new places.
4) This monument is worth seeing.
5) She talked without stopping.
6) Have you finished reading?
Task 3. Переведите предложения, распределяя их по порядку:
а) предложения, в которых ing-форма является причастием;
б) предложения, в которых ing-форма является герундием;
в) предложения, в которых ing-форма является отглагольным существительным.
l. We sat by the river-side listening to the running of the water. 2. The cleaning of the room was done by the girls. 3. Working in the garden is very good for the health of the people. 4. He spent much time on the copying of his literature lectures. 5. Instead of going home after school the girls went for a walk. 6. Going home from the theatre they were discussing the play they had seen.
Task 4. Сравните предложения. Сначала перепишите предложения, которые содержат Complex Object, затем – Complex Subject. Переведите их.
1. We saw him enter. He was seen to enter.
2. We know Richter to work 10 hours a day. He is known to work 10 hours a day.
3. They considered Tchaikovsky to be a talented conductor. Tchaikovsky was considered (to be) a talented conductor.
4. I supposed her to live in Moscow. She was supposed to live in Moscow.
5. Nobody expected the picture to be exhibited. The picture was not expected to be exhibited.
6. The director believed everybody to know about the rehearsal.
7. The cameraman supposes these shots to be spoiled. These shots are supposed to be spoiled
Task 5. Переведите на английский язык, употребляя сложное дополнение с инфинитивом (Complex Object).
1. Я слышал, что он открыл дверь. 2. Я почувствовала, что кто-то смотрит на меня. 3. Я видел, что он пошел к окну. 4. Он заметил, что она вздрогнула. 5. Дети стояли и смотрели, как плавают медведи.
Task 6. Вставьте модальные глаголы may (might), can (could), must (had to) и переведите
1. ... you help me? 2. Something was wrong with the car: he ... not start it. 3. She asked me if
she ... use my telephone. 4. You ... take this book: I don't need it. 5. You ... not argue with the
boss. 6. It... be very difficult to learn Chinese. 7.1... to do a lot of homework yesterday.
Task 7. Переведите текст, обращая внимания на грамматику (действительный и страдательный залог, сложные дополнение и подлежащее, герундий, причастия),которую повторили в упражнениях перед текстом.
THE MUSIC TEACHER
Once Paderewski came to a small town in the state of New York to stay with some close friends for a few days. One morning he went for a walk to have a look at the town. He had been told that the park was very pretty, and that near it there were a few quiet streets with fine old houses well worth seeing. The park was rather far from his friends' house, so when he reached it he was a little tired, and sat down on a bench, looking with pleasure at the beautiful flower-beds. After a short rest he got up, crossed the park and soon found himself in a quiet street with some lovely old houses, well worth seeing indeed. Suddenly he heard someone play the piano in one of them. He came nearer the house and saw the card in the window. The card read as follows: 'Miss M. Black. Piano lessons - 50 cents an hour." He stood there and listened for a while. One of Chopin's mazurkas was being played, but rather badly, with a lot of mistakes. Paderewski rang the door-bell, the music stopped and Miss Black answered the door. She knew the great pianist at once, was delighted and asked him in. He went straight to the piano, sat down and played the mazurka as only he could. Then he asked Miss Black to play it again and stayed for over an hour correcting her mistakes. At last, when her playing had become much better, he left the house after the delighted and graceful music teacher had thanked him again and again for his kindness.
A few months later Paderewski came once more to the small town in the state of New York and took a walk as before. After a short rest in the park he went on. When he reached the house in the quiet street where the music teacher lived, he saw a new card in the window. This time it read as follows: “ Miss M. Black (Paderewski's pupil). Piano lessons - 2 dollars an hour.
Task 8. Ответьте на вопросы по содержанию текста:
1) What was Paderevski’s occupation?
2) Why did Paderevski come to a small town in the state of New York?
3) What had he been told about?
4) What attracted his attention in a quiet street?
5) Was Chopin’s mazurka being played badly or excellently?
6) Why did Paderevski decide to visit Miss Black?
7) What did the card in Miss Black’s window read a few months later?
Task 9. Задайте к следующим предложениям все виды вопросов (общие, специальные, альтернативные и разделительные):
1) Paderevski rang the door bell.
2) Those fine old houses were well worth seeing.
Контрольная работа №6
Последнее изменение этой страницы: 2016-03-17; Просмотров: 744; Нарушение авторского права страницы