Архитектура Аудит Военная наука Иностранные языки Медицина Металлургия Метрология
Образование Политология Производство Психология Стандартизация Технологии
Упр. 23. Переведите следующие предложения, обращая внимание на перевод сказуемого.
1. He is studying economics. 2. I don`t like to work very long hours. 3. We will sign this contract next week. 4. They have already discusses this problem. 5. Our firm will produce these goods next year. 6. They were discussing the plan when I came. 7. We are planning to launch (запустить) a new product in two month`s time. 8. They had already done their work when we came. 9. He will be flying to London at this time tomorrow. 10. My friend doesn`t work for our firm. 11. Did you go on business trip last week?
Упр. 24. Переведите следующие предложения, обращая внимание на сказуемое в страдательном залоге.
1. This question is being solved (решать) now. Wait a little. 2. Such books are published every year. 3. Many questions were discussed at the meeting yesterday. 4. The contract with this company will be signed next week. 5. The work has already been finished. 6. The document has just been prepared. 7. The decision had been made by last Friday. 8. All the alternatives have been rejected (отклонять). 9. Our company was registered a year ago. 10. Equity capital (акционерный капитал) is used almost exclusively for long-term financing.
ТЕКСТЫ, ЛЕКСИКО-ГРАММАТИЧЕСКИЕ УПРАЖНЕНИЯ
Unit 1. PERSONAL INFORMATION
Упр. 1. Прочитайте и переведите текст.
Mr John Turner is 30. He is married and he has got his own family. He has a wife, a daughter and a son. His wife is an economist. Her name is Jane. The names of their children are Kate and Peter. They live in a small house in Greenwood. Greenwood is a small place not far from London.
John works in London. He is the manager of a big trade firm. His firm sells the goods to various countries. In the morning he always goes to his office in London on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. He doesn`t go to his office on Saturday and Sunday. These are his days-off.
John frequently meets the representatives of English and French firms. They discuss the prices, terms of payment and delivery. He begins his working day at 9. Every morning John first looks through fresh newspapers. He takes much interest in the latest political and business news. Sometimes John goes to different cities to discuss business with their customers. He is a very busy man. He always has a lot of work. He looks through mail, reads telegrams and letters, speaks on the phone with the customers. He also makes appointments with his business partners,
At twelve he has lunch. After lunch he sometimes stays in the office and discusses business matters with director or customers. He finishes his working day at 6 o`clock in the evening. He usually comes home at 7.
Linda Foster is a secretary to Mr John Turner. Her office is not large. She has got a computer, a fax and a telephone on her desk. Linda comes to her office at nine every morning from Monday to Friday. At the beginning of her working day Linda usually looks though the mail. She receives both snail-mail and e-mail. At 11 o`clock she comes into her manager`s office with the letters and telegrams. The manager reads them and gives answers to the letters. Linda writes everything in her book and goes to her office. There she types the answers on her computer. She also receives and sends e-mail correspondence.
In the afternoon Linda usually has lunch at the office but sometimes she has lunch at the café with her friend Alex. She stays in the office till 6. In the evening Linda has her French lessons. She learns French for two years already. Linda wants to know French well because she wants to work with French firms and customers.
Упр. 2. Ответьте на вопросы.
Упр. 3. Переведите на английский язык.
Олег Зимин - менеджер. Он работает в торговой фирме. Его фирма продает товары в различные страны. Зимин часто встречается с представителями английских и французских фирм. Они обсуждают цены, условия платежа и поставки. Зимин начинает свой рабочий день в 9 часов утра. У него всегда много работы: он просматривает почту, читает телеграммы и письма, говорит по телефону с заказчиками. В одиннадцать у него обед. После обеда он остается в офисе и обсуждает деловые вопросы с инженерами или директором. Зимин заканчивает свой рабочий день в 6 часов. Он обычно приходит домой в 7.
Упр. 4. Прочитайте тексты и заполните таблицы.
David Beckham was born in London on May 2nd 1975. He plays football for Manchester United and is captain of both Manchester and England. Now he also plays for Real (Madrid). Fans love Beckham and call him “the Golden Boy of English Football”. He is also famous for his hairstyles which change very often.
Beckham is married to Victoria Adams - one of the “Spice Girls”. They have three sons, Brooklyn, Romeo and Cruise. They are favourite stars of the English press. The Beckhams live in Cheshire, not too far from Manchester United`s home ground.
Michael Jeffrey Jordan is a very famous basketball player for the US team the Chicago Bulls. Michael was born in New York on February 17-th 1963. He is married, with a wife called Juanita and two children called Jeffrey and Markus. Michael is also very popular in Europe. “Air” is Michael`s nickname. Red is the colour Michael wears to play.
Упр. 5. Скажите, соответствуют ли предложения тексту. Исправьте неверные предложения.
Упр. 6. Дополните предложения и расскажите о себе.
Упр. 7. Составьте резюме.
Date of birth:
Children, their ages
A position as … (an accountant, a bookkeeper, a manager, finance manager, etc.)
200x – 20xx –
19xx – 19xx -
· English – reading with a dictionary
· Fluent English
· Now I am taking a course in French.
Computer & Technical Skills
· Good computer skills.
· IT-literate; working knowledge of Microsoft Office package
· Fast typing – 80 words a minute
Licenses & Certificates
· List licenses or certificates you hold that are pertinent (уместный) to the job you are seeking.
· Include the year you obtained (получили)each license or certificate.
Interests & Activities
· Available upon request
Unit 2. HIGHER EDUCATION
Упр. 1. Прочитайте текст и ответьте на вопросы.
Higher Education in Britain
In Britain higher education is got mainly at universities and colleges of higher education. They accept students with “A” levels from 18. Students study for a degree which takes on average 3 years of fulltime study. Most students graduate at 21 or 22 and are conferred their degree at a special graduation ceremony.
The oldest universities in Britain are Oxford and Cambridge dating from the 12th and 13th centuries. The largest is the University of London (London University) which was founded in 1836. About 80 000 (eighty thousand) students study at London University.
Admission to the university is by exams and selection. Women are admitted on equal terms with men, but the general proportion of men to women students is three to one, At Oxford it is six to one, and at Cambridge ten to one.
A college is sometimes a part of a university. For instance (например), the Universities of Oxford, Cambridge and London are composed of groups of largely autonomous colleges. A college may be quite independent. There is a great number of different colleges – technical, commercial, colleges of art, science, medicine, etc.
After passing his\her examinations a university graduate will leave with the degree of Bachelor of Arts (BA), Science (BS), Medicine (BM), Music (BMus), Laws (LLB), etc.
1. accept – принимать
2. degree – степень
3. on average – в среднем
4. fulltime study – очная форма обучения
5. to graduate (from) – окончить высшее учебное заведение
а graduate – выпускник
6. confer – присуждать, присваивать (степень)
7. graduation ceremony – торжественная церемония по поводу окончания вуза
8. date from – существовать (с какого-то времени)
9. found (was founded) – основать (был основан)
10. admission – прием
11. on equal terms – на равных правах, условиях
12. be composed (of) – состоять (из)
13. bachelor – бакалавр
Bachelor of Arts – бакалавр гуманитарных наук
Bachelor of Science – бакалавр естественных наук
Bachelor of Laws – бакалавр права
Ответьте на вопросы:
1. Are “A” level exams needed to enter a university or a college of higher education in Britain?
2. Do the applicants (абитуриенты) have to pass exams to be admitted to the universities?
3. Are women admitted on equal terms with men?
4. What are the oldest universities in Britain?
5. What is the largest university?
6. When was it founded?
7. What can you say about the composition (состав) of the Universities of Oxford, Cambridge and London?
8. What degree is conferred (присваивается) on a university graduate?
Упр. 2. Прочитайте текст и выполните задания к нему.
Oxford University was founded in the 12th century as an aristocratic university and has remained so to the present day. The University consists of 32 colleges – 27 colleges for men and 5 colleges for women. There are 16 faculties there. Each college is a completely autonomous body, governed by its own laws. A large college has about 500 students,a small one – about a hundred.
The term of studies lasts for 10 weeks. There are three terms in the Oxford academic year.
Within the first week the freshman meets his tutor who tells the student about his plans, the lectures which he must take, about the requirements for the examination which he will take, about the course of reading for him. Attendance at lectures is not compulsory. Once every week each undergraduate goes to his tutor to read out an essay which he has written and discuss this essay with the tutor.
At the beginning or end of each term the progress of the students is tested by the college examinations.
They pay great attention to athletics at the University. The students are engaged in different kinds of sports, take part in competitions between Oxford and Cambridge Universities.
This is how a student spends his day. His working hours are from 9 a.m. to 1p.m. At 9 o`clock he sees his tutor or goes to the library, or attends lectures. From 2p.m. to 5p.m. he is engaged in sports. From 5p.m. to 7p.m. he works in the library or laboratory. At 7 o`clock they have dinner-time. After dinner the students have club activities.
By 10 o`clock the students must be in the college, as most of the students live in the college, only some of them live in lodgings in the town.
The doors of Oxford University are not open to all. The majority of the students are graduates of private schools, so Oxford University remains an aristocratic university to the present day.
1. college – высшее учебное заведение, в котором учатся 3 года и получают специальное образование (техническое, гуманитарное, медицинское и др.) Колледж может существовать как самостоятельная единица, а также может входить в состав университета.
2. university – вуз, состоящий из колледжей различных специальностей (срок обучения 3 года). Выпускник получает степень бакалавра.
3. remain – оставаться
4. consist (of) – состоять(из)
5. autonomous body – самостоятельное заведение (орган)
6. govern – управлять
7. term of studies – курс обучения
term – семестр
8. within – в течение
9. freshman – первокурсник undergraduate – студент, учащийся вуза (университета или университетского колледжа)
10. tutor – в английских университетах – это преподаватель, ведущий практические занятия; он следит за учебой и дисциплиной студентов
11. requirements – требования
12. attendance at lectures is not compulsory – посещение лекций необязательно
13. essay – эссе (отчет студента о проделанной работе)
14. the progress is tested – успехи проверяются
15. pay attention to – уделять внимание
16. be engaged in – быть занятым чем-либо
17. take pert (in) – принимать участие (в)
18. take club activities – участвовать в работе кружка
19. live in lodgings – снимать комнату
20. majority of – большинство
Выберите правильный вариант, прочтите и переведите предложение:
1. Oxford University was founded (in the 11th century; in the 12th century).
2. The University consists of (32; 27) colleges.
3. The Oxford academic year consists of (3; 2) terms.
4. The tutor tells the freshman about (the requirements for the examinations which he will take; the undergraduates of the University).
5. (Once a term; twice a term) the undergraduates take examinations.
6. Attendance at lectures is (compulsory; not compulsory).
7. (At the end of the term; once every week) each student reads out his essay to his tutor and discusses it with him.
8. During the working day from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. a student (meets his tutor, works in the library or in the laboratory; has club activities, debating societies).
9. The majority of the students of Oxford University are (children of the working people; children of the wealthy).
Упр. 3. Прочитайте текст и подготовьте сообщение об учебе в Московском финансово-юридическом университете.
Последнее изменение этой страницы: 2016-03-25; Просмотров: 646; Нарушение авторского права страницы