Архитектура Аудит Военная наука Иностранные языки Медицина Металлургия Метрология
Образование Политология Производство Психология Стандартизация Технологии
I.Закончите предложения, употребляя сложное дополнение.
• E.g. " Bring me a book, " said my brother to me. My brother wanted me to bring him a book.
1.The teacher said to the pupils: " Learn the rule." — The teacher wanted... 2. " Be careful, or else you will spill the milk, " said my mother to me. — My mother did not want... 3. " My daughter will go to a ballet school, " said the woman. — The woman wanted... 4. The man said: " My son will study mathematics." — The man wanted... 5. " Oh, father, buy me this toy, please, " said the little boy. — The little boy wanted... 6. " Wait for me after school, " said Ann to me. — Ann wanted... 7. " Fix the shelf in Mir kitchon, " my father said to me. — My father whiling... K. " It. will be very good if you study English, " said my mother to me. — My mother wanted... 9. " Bring me some water from the river, chidren, " said our grandmother. — Our grandmother wanted... 10. " Come to my birthday party, " said Kate to her classmates. — Kate wanted... 11. The biology teacher said to us: " Collect some insects in summer." — The biology teacher wanted... 12. " Don't eat ice cream before dinner, " said our mother to us. Our mother did not want...
II.Перепишите следующие предложения, употребляя сложное дополнение вместо придаточных дополнительных предложений.
• E.g. I expect that she will send me a letter. I expect her to send me a letter. I know that he is a great scientist. I know him to be a great scientist.
1.I know that my friend is a just man. 2. I expect that he will understand your problem and help you to solve it. 3. I expected that she would behave quite differently. 4. I did not expect that my brother would forget to send her flowers. 5. He knows that my mother is a very kind woman. 6. She expected that her brother would bring her the book. 7. I know that your uncle is an excellent mathematician. 8. People expect that the 21st century will bring peace on the Earth.
III.Перефразируйте следующие предложения, употребляя сложное дополнение с причастием.
• E.g. He was reading in the garden. She saw him. She saw him reading in the garden.
1. We noticed a man. The man was cleaning his shoes. 2. He saw two girls. They were dancing on the stage. 3. She watched the children. They were running and playing in the garden. 4. I saw her. She was arranging her hair. 5. We saw our neighbor. He was listening to the latest news on the radio.6.The cat was rubbing itself.on my leg. I felt it.7. They were fishing. We saw it. 8. The pupils were writing a paper. The teacher watched them.9. A caterpillar was crawling on my arm. I felt it. 10. We heard I. Arkhipova last night. She was singing a Russian folk song. 11. I watched the sun. It was rising. 12. I heard him. He was singing an English song. 13. John heard his sister. She was talking loudly on the veranda. 14. We saw Ben. He was crossing the square. 15. They heard their father. He was playing the piano in the drawing room. 16. I can see the train. It is coming. 17. I watched the rain. It was beating down the flowers in the garden. 18. I saw a group of boys. They were eating ice cream. 19. We noticed a group of people. They were digging potatoes in the field. 20. Didn't you see her? She was smiling at you. 21. The girl was singing. I heard her. 22. They were talking about computers. He heard them. 23. You and your friend were walking along the street yesterday. I saw you. 24. The little girls were playing on the grass. We watched them. 25. The ship was leaving the port. He stood and looked at it. 26. She was sleeping peacefully in her bed. Mother watched her.
Practical task № 10
Theme: Complex object
Change the complex sentences into simple ones using complex objects.
1. I think that a shower is a most important convenience.
2. I think that our water supply is not good.
3. I saw that he pressed the bell.
4. I did not expect that they would come in time.
5. I watched how he spoke on the phone.
6. He heard that the telephone rang.
7. I saw that he took out his latch-key.
8. She believed that he had stolen her money to pay his debts.
9. He wants that this work will be done.
10. He wants that this work will have been done by Friday.
1. I think a shower to be a most important convenience.
2. I think our water supply not to be good.
3. I saw him press the bell.
4. I did not expect them to come in time.
5. I watched him speak on the phone.
6. He heard the telephone ring.
7. I saw him take out his latch-key.
8. She believed him to have stolen her money to pay his debts.
9. He wants this work to be done.
10. He wants this work to have been done by Friday.
Combine the following sentences using either Complex Object or that-clause (pay attention to Sequence of tenses).
1. They haven’t seen. The railway accident occurred near the station.
2. I heard. They argued about different tastes in art.
3. I see. Your tastes differ greatly.
4. We heard. He made a report on his new discovery.
1. They haven’t seen the railway accident have occurred near the station. - They haven’t seen that the railway accident had occurred near the station.
2. I heard them argue about different tastes in art. / I heard them arguing about different tastes in art. - I heard that they argued about different tastes in art.
3. I see your tastes differ greatly. - I see that your tastes differ greatly.
4. We heard him make a report on his new discovery. / We heard him making a report on his new discovery. - We heard that he made a report on his new discovery.
Practical task № 11
Theme: Complex subject
I.Перефразируйте следующие предложения, употребляя сложное подлежащее.
• E.g. We heard that a car stopped outside the door. A car was heard to stop outside the door. It is believed that the poem was written by Byron. The poem /s believed to have been written by Byron.
1.People consider the climate there to be very healthy. 2. It was announced that the Chinese dancers were arriving next week. 3. It is expected that the performance will be a success. 4. It is said that the book is popular with both old and young. 5. It is believed that the poem was written by an unknown soldier. 6. It is supposed that the playwright is working at a new comedy. 7. It is reported that the flood has caused much damage to the crops. 8.. It was supposed that the crops would be rich that year. 9. It has been found that this mineral water is very good for the liver. 10. Scientists consider that electricity exists throughout space. 11. It is said that the weather in Europe was exceedingly hot last summer. 12. It was reported that five ships were missing after the battle.
II.Переведите на русский язык, обращая внимание на сложное подлежащее.
1.This work seems to take much time. 2. The operation seemed to be a complicated one. 3. Money just doesn't happen to interest me. 4. In the middle of the lecture Dr. Sommerville happened to pause and look out of the window. 5. From the very first mention of Long John, I was afraid that he might turn out to be the very one-legged sailor whom I had watched for so long at the inn. 6. Clyde seemed to have been thinking of no one else but Sondra since their last meeting. 7. Clyde appeared to have for-gotten of his promise to spend his spare evenings with Roberta. 8. She appeared to be an excellent actress. 9. One day a Hare happened to meet a Tortoise. 10. The Tortoise seemed to be moving very slowly. 11. The Hare turned out to be the loser of the race. 12. The apparatus seemed to be in excellent condition. 13. You appear to have found in him something that I have missed. 14. The new method of work appear to be very effective. 15. The percentage of carbon in this steel turned out to be low. 16. Irving turned out to be a long, pale-faced fellow. 17. His office turned out to be in one of the hack streets. 18. He appeared to be an ideal man. 19. She doesn't seem to want to do anything I suggest. 20. He turned out to have no feeling whatever for his nephew. 21. This appeared to amuse the policeman. 22. You can easily get in through the window if the door happens to be locked. 23. The peasants did not seem to see her. 24. The Gadfly seemed to have taken a dislike to Signora Grassini from the time of their first meeting. 25. You don't seem to have done any great thing for yourself by going away. 26. " Jim, " he said at last, in a voice that did not seem to belong to him.
Последнее изменение этой страницы: 2016-03-25; Просмотров: 3642; Нарушение авторского права страницы