Архитектура Аудит Военная наука Иностранные языки Медицина Металлургия Метрология
Образование Политология Производство Психология Стандартизация Технологии
Use the information in the text to find answers to the following questions
1. Who can be admitted to a higher educational institution?
2. What are the types of educational institutions in Russia?
3. What is a USE?
4. What types of degrees can Russian higher education institutions grant?
5. What are the functions of an Intermediate Diploma?
6. What does the final state certification procedure include?
Finish the sentences using the information from the text
1. To enter university a student with secondary education have to _________
2. The types of higher institutions in Russia are___________
3. After 6 years of training a student gets _________
4. A traditional Russian final qualifying degree is that of a _______
5. The function of the Intermediate Higher Education degree is to provide_____
6. Final state certification includes_______
Look at the scheme of giving а summary to the text and enumerate the 4 main
elements of the summary
1. Give the title of the text summarized.
The title of the text is….
2. Begin the summary with one of the introductory general phrases:
The text deals with… (speaks about, say that, present, points out, describes, is devoted to, gives some comments on, offers an overview)
3. The main body must not be more than six plain statements generalizing the main ideas of the text in a logical sequence.
4. Conclude the abstract with your personal opinion of both the content and the language used, using given phrases:
The text is informative….; The text is dry, dull and boring…; The reading of the text gives (does not give) some satisfaction and pleasure…
The information is up-to-date (out-of-date)…
The text is (not) worth reading and abstracting….
There are practically no unknown words….
Look at the example summary and say what element among the enumerated ones
Does it lack? Give your own variant of the summary.
The title of the text is “Higher Education in Russia “.
The text offers an overview of the Russian educational system.
There are different types of higher educational institutions in Russia. They are universities, academies and institutes. Each educational institution has its peculiarities. They can grant the following types of degrees and diplomas. Intermediate Diploma: to get such a diploma at least 2 years of training is needed. Bachelor’s degree requires not less than 4 years of training and you need 5 or 6 years of training to get the Diploma of a Specialist, which is the traditional final qualifying degree in Russia and you can get Master’s degree after 6 years of training.
Match phrases in column A with their translation in column B and make up sentences with them
Distribute the words given below into three columns
To grant, secondary, entrance, to cover, Master’s, Bachelor’s, higher, postgraduate, final, further, academic, qualifying, vocational.
Fill in the correct word from the list:sciences, to grant, secondary, multilevel, to give, paper, entrance, individual, mobility, research.
1. ________ studies
2. ________ the possibility
3. scientific ________
4. ________ exams
5. Natural _________
6. ________ education
7. ________ system
8. graduation ______
9. _________ a degree
10. to provide _______
Make up a dialogue on the situation
You are a second-year student of the SUSU. Help the American student to understand the rules and regulations of being accepted to Russian university, being granted a degree. Explain the difference between the types of Russian educational institutions. You may also suggest him some tips for studying, clarify the peculiarities of students’ life in Russia. It’s your first meeting with the person. Don’t forget to introduce yourself.
You are an American student. You want to get a higher education in Russian. You love Russia very much as your grandmother is Russian. So you’ve come to Russia to find out as much details as possible about the system of Higher education in Russia, about the types of educational institutions and about the hardships (difficulties) of students’ life. You’ve met a Russian second-year student. Introduce yourself and remember you are a very inquisitive person.
Put the verbs in brackets into the right form of Present Perfect and translate them
Example:She ______ already (cook) the breakfast.
She has already cooked the breakfast.
1. He ____ (gain) a lot of weight recently.
2. Tom ____ just (clear out) the garage.
3. They ____ (sell) their house and ____ (go) on a tour of the world.
4. I ___ (be) to New York several times.
5. Martin is not here. He ____ (leave) for Moscow.
6. I ____ (not see) Kate since my weeding.
7. Pam ____ already (finish) his test.
8. She ____ (quarrel) with her mother 5 times this week.
9. This year I ___ twice (be) abroad.
Choose the right variant: Past Simple или Present Perfect
1. We (not/have) a holiday last year.
a) didn’t have b) haven’t had
2. My parents (be) to the USA many times.
a) have been b) were
3. It (stop) raining?
a) Did it stop b) Has it stopped
4. I (buy) a new dress last week.
a) have bought b) bought
5. Don’t worry about your letter. I (send) it the day before yesterday.
a) sent b) have sent
6. When Jill (finish) school?
a) When has Jill finished b) When did Jill finish
7. When I was a child, I (be) always late for school.
a) have always been b) was always late
8. – Are you tired?
– Yes, a little. I (paint) the ceiling today.
a) have painted b) painted
9. My husband (work) in the bank for three years since 1990 to 1993.
a) has worked b) worked
10. He (call) you yesterday?
a) has he called b) did he call
11. One of the passengers (die) in that accident.
a) died b) has died
12. Mom (lose) her key, so we have to open the door by force.
a) has lost b) lost
Choose the right variant:Past Perfect or Present Perfect
1. Aunt Polly punished Tom Sawyer because he (be) naughty boy.
a) has been b) had been
2. Why are you so unhappy? – I (lose) my purse.
a) have lost b) had lost
3. Sam was upset because Judy (not/come).
a) hasn’t come b)hadn’t come
4. Mother asked the children if they (buy) some biscuits for tea.
a) has bought b) had bought
5. I (leave) some photos to be developed. Are they ready?
a) have left b) had left
6. Tell Tommy about these wonderful islands. He never (hear) about them.
a) has never heard b) had never heard
7. I’m so happy to see you again. I (not/see) you since I left Berks.
a) hadn’t seen b) haven’t seen
8. She said she (not/see) him since she left Berks.
a) hadn’t seen b) hasn’t seen
9. When she returned home, he (already/cook) dinner.
a) had already cooked b) has already cooked
10. Who (read) this book?
a) has read b) had read
Open the brackets and put the verbs into the Future Perfect Tense
1. She ___________ (to cook) dinner by the time you come.
2. The tutor _________ (to look through) all our tests by the end of the week.
3. The film already ________ (to start) when we get there.
4. I _________ (to finish) this book by next month.
5. My parents ________ (to go) to bed when we come back from the theatre.
6. The lecture _________ (to be over) by 5 and the last student will have left the hall.
7. It _________(to stop) raining by the time we get there.
8. By the time you get home you __________ (to forget) everything.
9. Ann _______ (to come) back by the moment the play starts.
10. By 2100 computers ________ (to take over) many of the jobs that people do today.
You are first year students. You spent not much time at the university. What have done yet?
Example 1:I have already twice visited the library.
Example 2:I have already been to the university swimming–pool.
Последнее изменение этой страницы: 2016-03-16; Просмотров: 564; Нарушение авторского права страницы