Архитектура Аудит Военная наука Иностранные языки Медицина Металлургия Метрология
Образование Политология Производство Психология Стандартизация Технологии
React to the suggestion using the Present Perfect Tense as in the model.
The following adverbial phrases may be of some help to you:
this week, this month, this year, this morning, this evening.
Example:– Let’s go to the swimming–pool.
– No, thanks. I have already been there in the morning.
1. Let’s go to the library this evening to prepare for our physics classes.
2. Let’s go to the cinema to see ”Nochnoy Dozor”.
3. Why don’t we go to visit our grandmother this week.
4. Let’s dedicate this poem to Svetlana.
5. Let’s go to see Paris this summer.
6. Let’s not miss lectures on History this week.
You are 18 year old students. You are young but I am sure you have some achievements in your life. Think of them and formulate them using the model
Model: I have finished a secondary school and the Chelyabinsk State Pedagogical University. I have visited many foreign countries: Germany, the USA and Great Britain are among them.
Look at sentences 1 to 8. Then choose phrases from the list and in pairs act out short exchanges reacting positively or negatively.
• OK. • Never mind. • Not at all. • Go ahead• Pity • Why not • I’d love to. • Yes, actually,
• You'd better not. • Let's not. • Poor • Quite reasonable. • I’d rather not. • Terribly
1. I won’t be able to make it.
2. Shall we go?
3. Do you mind?
4. How did it go?
5. Are you coming then?
6. What are my chances?
7. Can I try?
8. I tried really hard.
Example: A. I won’t be able to make it.
Enlarge the situations given
- Will you go to the disco this evening?
- I won’t be able to make it. I am sitting with my sister this evening.
- Pity. May be next time?
- With pleasure.
Use the phrases given below to fill in the gaps into the sentences
Secondary education, training, final state examinations, vocational education curricula, to provide mobility, entrance exams, degree of a Specialist, to provide access, competition, distance learning students.
1. To enter the higher institution every applicant should pass ________.
2. _______________ is compulsory in Russia.
3. _______________ is awarded after 5 or 6 years of study.
4. Institute is and independent higher educational institution which applies__________ in specific areas of science, technology and culture.
5. The Intermediate Higher degree is designed _________ between various higher educational institutions.
6. Final state certification includes the presentation of the graduation project and ________.
7. In many modern universities large computer centers are established __________ to Internet resources for the students.
8. ________ to enter state university for the specialties that are in great demand nowadays is 5 applications for one place.
9. To get a Bachelor’s degree a student needs not less than four years of __________.
10. Part-time and __________ constitute one third of the overall number of students in the country.
Choose the right variant: Present Perfect or Past Simple
1. She is happy. She (passed/has passed) her exam in Maths.
2. When (did you pass/have you passed) your laboratory work?
3. Ann is upset. She (lost/has lost) 500 rubles.
4. Pete feels uneasy. He (missed/has missed) his classes and (met/has met) his teacher on the street later today.
5. Yesterday I (read/have read) an interesting article about the nature of earthquakes.
Translate from Russian into English using the active vocabulary of the lesson
1. Система высшего образования в России находится в стадии реформирования.
2. Среднее образование является обязательным для всех граждан России.
3. После четырех лет обучения студент получает диплом Бакалавра.
4. Университет это высшее учебное заведение, чья деятельность направлена на образование, развитие науки и культуры.
5. При поступлении в университет абитуриенты должны сдавать вступительные экзамены.
6. Министерство образования предлагает принимать в университет абитуриентов на основе результатов Единого Государственного Экзамена. (Unified State Exam)
7. Студенты вечернего отделения и студенты, получающие образование дистанционно, составляют третью часть всех студентов.
8. В Российской Федерации существует несколько типов высших учебных заведений: университеты, институты, академии.
Read the text and match the abstracts with the titles given below
a. Leading role in humanities and in applied sciences
b. Russian Diplomas Competitiveness
c. Great variety of educational institutions
d. High Standard of Education
e. Higher Education in Russian is much cheaper than in other countries
Five advantages of Russian educational system
1. The Russian national education system is generally regarded to be of a high standard. It is founded upon a solid theoretical base. Leading Russian Universities are primarily scientific research centres. Many of the greatest achievements of 20th century science took place in Russia.
2. In 2002 31 Russian students took part in international mathematics, physics, chemistry, biology, ecology, informatics and geography competitions, 29 of them became International Competition winners. No country in the world has ever achieved such a brilliant result!
3. The Russian Educational System has two types of further education institutions: universities, like Lomonosov Moscow State University, which offer a variety of subjects, and institutions of a smaller size, which concentrate on specific fields. Many new institutions and colleges have appeared in recent years. The level of achievement in these institutions is as high as those in traditional universities, but tuition fees are much lower. There are nearly 400 non–state owned institutions of higher education in Russia and the total number of students is nearly 270 thousand.
4. Russian graduates are considered to be among the top competitors for jobs worldwide. A Classical Russian University Education is considered by many to be an excellent starting point for any career. Bill Gates, the computer king, who has made a fortune of 90 billion dollars has 20 former graduates of Novosibirsk University. According to Bill Gates his staff made him one of the richest people in the world.
5. Tuition fees in Russia are considered to be much lower than anywhere else in the world. Additional costs such as accommodation, textbooks, use of libraries etc., are also low. Take the UK, for example. Accommodation in London will cost a student 360$ a week. In Moscow a student may rent a two-room apartment for 300$ a month, or pay just the same amount for bed–and breakfast accommodation. In London a student has to spend 1000$ a month for textbooks and supplementary literature compared to 100$ in Moscow. The fees in Oxford Westminster College, for example, are usually 25000–30000$ a year and in Plekhanov Academy of Economics in Moscow are only 5000$ per year.
Did you know that…..
There are 1041 institutions of higher education in Russia;
610 institutions are state;
44 % of state institutions’ freshmen pay for their education.
Find what the following figures refer to? Give answers as in the example
Example: 31 is the number of students taking part in the international competitions in 2002.
Answer the questions to the text
1. Why can we be proud of Russian system of higher education?
2. What are the advantages of Russian system of higher education over the Western ones?
3. Why do you think our specialists are highly competitive in the world market?
4. What problems does our system of higher education have?
Find information in the Internet on the following topics and present it in the form of a report:
1. What is the Bologna process?
2. Why has Russia decided to become the part of the Bologna process?
3. What is the main purpose of the Unified State Exams?
4. Why is the Russian system of higher education is among the best in the world?
Smile with us
Professor:A fool can ask more questions than a wise man can answer.
Student:No wonder so many of us failed our exams!
Lesson 3. Higher Education in the UK
Task 1. Brainstorming activity
Discuss the following question and give all the possible answers to it
Why do many children of new Russians study in Great Britain?
Task 2. Active Vocabulary
Последнее изменение этой страницы: 2016-03-16; Просмотров: 688; Нарушение авторского права страницы